What dark mysteries befell our fair leading lady in what will forever be known as "The Time Without Di?" Where did she go, what worlds did she conquer? Find out on today's episode of "No, really, girl, where the hell were you and why didn't you take a writing class while you were gone?"
Ok, ok, fine. You wanna know where I've been, what I've been doing? Here are the bullet points, broken down by month. Nosy buggers.
- NC 24 (race recap here)
- Job hunting
- Dog hunting (that didn't sound right. LOOKING for a dog, not hunting/shooting/hurting dogs)
- Adopted a dog! Yay!
- No running
- Dealing with crazy new dog
- Party planning for my parents' 40th anniversary
- Still no running
- Gave crazy dog back to rescue
- Grandpa died same day
- Heart broken
- Dealt badly with grief
- Job hunting
- Friend says "Hey, I'm going on maternity leave. You should do my job while I'm gone!" I said "Ha, right!"
- I sign up with a temp agency and friend's boss hires me to start doing her job while she's gone.
- Still no running.
- Still (permanent) job hunting
- Still grieving. So many things.
- Adjusting to working plus dealing w/kids and hubby
- Still not really running, but walking
- Ran once
- Logging calories and losing a bit of weight
- Not sleeping
. . . and that brings us up to date. Just a few days shy of my 36th birthday and - I don't know. No real progress since this time last year, no betterment of self, save the (tiny) paycheck I'm bringing home these days.
Also, I'm still apparently not able to write an entire blog post (or even a succession of bullet points) in the same tense. Take THAT, high school English teacher! Or something.
Anyway, things are coming down the pipe that could be interesting, could be game-changing, but I don't know. We'll see. Things are uncertain right now. I've come to realize all I really know in life is that I don't know anything. Which is liberating and saddening at the same time. Is saddening a word? Spell check says yes, but my brain is having a problem with it. Hmmm.... Brain vs. spell check, next time on WWF!
Oh my word, I need caffeine. Or a nap. Or chocolate. Or a glass of wine. Or maybe I just need to stop typi -