Week 11 of GMM Half Marathon training is officially over. Only 3 weeks till the race!
How this week's training was supposed to go:
- Monday - Rest
- Tuesday - 5 miles speed
- Wednesday - Rest/Cross train
- Thursday - 4 miles easy
- Friday - Rest/Cross train
- Saturday - 12 miles
- Sunday - 3 miles easy
Weekly total: 24 miles
Here's how the week actually went:
- Monday - Rest (of course!)
- Tuesday - 5 miles of crap. Managed the 3 "tempo" miles in the middle but had to take walk breaks to deal with a side stitch that would.not.go.away! It was not fun.
- Wednesday - 1 mile run, plus short lower body segment from my Biggest Loser DVD
- Thursday - 4 geat miles
- Friday - Rest (which was not as restful as it sounds - total hair catastrophe occurred, and I can't even blame it on anyone except myself)
- Saturday - 10 miles that were alternately ok, and horrible. Didn't manage to finish the 12 I was supposed to. Came home and was ill. Blah.
- Sunday - 3 miles with legs that felt like lead.
Weekly total: 23 miles
This was my least successful week of training to date. My coach told me that if after resting tomorrow, I am still feeling tired, then I should take Tuesday as an additional rest day. That means skipping out on 5 miles, 3 of which are supposed to be at tempo pace. Part of my brain is going "No! I NEED those miles!" and another part of my brain is saying "Oh, thank you, baby Jesus! I need a damn NAP!"
So, we'll see. I have to say, though, that I'm very proud of how my training has gone so far, and I know that I have given it my all, so if I do end up taking a rest day on Tuesday, I know it will not be because I'm lazy, but because I truly need it.
Now. Who's wondering what happened to my hair? No one? Great! Then I don't have to share pictures. Phew! ;-)