I was not a lazy runner, though, and I did all of the workouts that my coach laid out for me.
GMM Half Marathon Training Week 2 Schedule:
- Monday - Rest
- Tuesday - 3 speed
- Wednesday - Rest/Cross Train
- Thursday - 2 easy
- Friday - Rest/Cross Train
- Saturday - 5 miles
- Sunday - 2 easy
How the week actually went:
- Monday - Rest
- Tuesday - Rest (Tuesdays have not worked out lately! Grr!)
- Wednesday - 3 speed (hit my paces PERFECTLY, if I do say so myself)
- Thursday - 2 easy (not a great run, but it was ok)
- Friday - Rest
- Saturday - 4.8 miles (major malfunctions all over the place, including my watch dying, hence the short run since I didn't know exactly where I was supposed to turn around)
- Sunday - 2.2 easy (possibly the easiest run I've ever had)
I'm over being upset about Saturday's run (it was UGLY and I walked a lot), but if I were a newer newb, I'd be pretty disheartened and would be questioning my ability to do a HM in a few months. Fortunately, I know I can complete the distance because I've done it before. The question now is just whether I'll be running it or run/walking. I'm hoping for the former! We'll see. Lots of time still!
So, Week 3 begins today - fortunately with a rest day, because I'm feeling blah today (and I'm taking my parents to the airport this morning). No new weight loss to report - but no gain, either, so that's good. At least I know I can stop tracking calories for a few days and keep off what I've lost so far. Actually, I think it's good to relax for a few days every once in awhile - otherwise it all ends up feeling like such a chore that you might say "Forget this!" and stop trying altogether. Not what I want! So I'm back to counting calories today and paying a little bit more attention. 5 months left in 2013, and I am 5 lbs from the goal I set for myself in January. Pretty sure I can do it, but only time will tell.
Fitbit Zip Update - Last week I accidentally wore my Zip in the pool for about 5 minutes. NO HARM DONE! I was shocked (and totally relieved) to see that it still worked perfectly, and has had no issues since. Phew! Well done, Fitbit, for creating something that is Diana-proof!
Happy Monday, all!